Ethan Kistler hails from Ohio and began birding at the age of 10 when he literally woke up one morning and decided that he wanted to become a birder. Since then his field work has taken him from Ohio to Alaska, travelled to 40 countries, and led birding trips throughout North America and Africa (where he lived for 7 years). When not leading tours, he’s chasing rarities, off on spontaneous birding jaunts, and reviewing data as one of eBird’s data reviewers for much of the African continent. Previously the Education and Outreach Specialist for Black Swamp Bird Observatory, Ohio, and director-at-large of the Ohio Ornithological Society, Ethan’s main focus now is guiding and filling in gaps between tours with ornithology-related field work.
- Trinidad and Tobago - with Trinidad Piping-guan (February 2021)
- Texas: The Rio Grande Valley in Spring (April 2021)
- Northwest Ohio: Spring Migration (May 2021)NEW!
- Minnesota and North Dakota - Boreal forests to the Prairies (May 2021)
- Iceland (June 2021)
- Iceland (June 2021) One space remains
- Zambia (November 2021)NEW!
- Trinidad and Tobago - with Trinidad Piping-guan (February 2022)
- Texas: The Rio Grande Valley in Spring (April 2022)
- Minnesota and North Dakota - Boreal forests to the Prairies (May 2022)
- Iceland (June 2022)
- Oregon: Birds and the Shakespeare Festival (August 2022)NEW!
Updated: March 2019