Ethan Kistler hails from Ohio and began birding at the age of 10 when he literally woke up one morning and decided that he wanted to become a birder. Since then his field work has taken him from Ohio to Alaska, travelled to 40 countries, and led birding trips throughout North America and Africa (where he lived for 7 years). When not leading tours, he’s chasing rarities, off on spontaneous birding jaunts, and reviewing data as one of eBird’s data reviewers for much of the African continent. Previously the Education and Outreach Specialist for Black Swamp Bird Observatory, Ohio, and director-at-large of the Ohio Ornithological Society, Ethan’s main focus now is guiding and filling in gaps between tours with ornithology-related field work.
- Texas: The Rio Grande Valley in Spring (April 2020)
- Florida: The South, the Keys and the Dry Tortugas (April 2020)
- Northwest Ohio: Spring Migration (May 2020)NEW!
- Minnesota and North Dakota (May 2020)
- Iceland (June 2020) One space remains
- Iceland (June 2020)
- Oregon: Birds and the Shakespeare Festival (August 2020)NEW!
- Mexico: The Yucatan and Cozumel (November 2020)
- Trinidad and Tobago (February 2021)
- Texas: The Rio Grande Valley in Spring (April 2021)
- Northwest Ohio: Spring Migration (May 2021)
- Minnesota and North Dakota (May 2021)
- Zambia (November 2021)
Updated: March 2019