Raymond L. VanBuskirk’s love for the natural world was born in the pine forests of the Land of Enchantment (the state of New Mexico). As a New Mexico native, Raymond has spent the first 28 years of his life following his dream of creating a career around birding. Raymond co-owns and operates BRANT Nature Tours, a New Mexico-based nature travel company with a strong commitment to both environmental and social justice. His career experience also includes multiple ornithological field research positions, including two summers as seabird research technician on the Arctic Ocean, head Rosy-Finch researcher with Rio Grande Bird Research Inc., past president of the Central New Mexico Audubon Society, board member of Western Field Ornithologists, ABA young birding camp instructor, and birding specialist for Leica Sport Optics. Raymond is a proud member of Queer Birders of North America (QBNA), the continent’s informal club for LGBTQ+ members of the birding community.
- Chile: Tierra del Fuego to the Atacama Desert (November 2019) One space remains
- Mexico: The Yucatan and Cozumel (December 2019)
- Mexico: Baja California's Cape Region (January 2020)
- The Dominican Republic (February 2020)
- Belize (March 2020)NEW!
- Chile: Tierra del Fuego to the Atacama Desert (November 2020)
- New Mexico in winter - Santa Fe to the Bosque (January 2021)
- Puerto Rico (February 2021)
- The Dominican Republic (March 2021)
Updated: October 2018