Steve Rooke comes originally from the West Midlands and worked for the Royal Society for the Protection of Birds as a reserve warden for 13 years before leaving to become a Sunbird staff leader. That was in 1990 and in 2001 he took over from David Fisher as the Managing Director, a move that meant he started spending less time in the field and more in the office. However, he still leads tours to his favourite destinations, Central Asia, South Africa and Ethiopia each year, as well as leading other tours from time to time.
- Senegal (February 2020)NEW!
- Greece: Lesvos - Spring Migration Through the Aegean (April 2020)
- South Africa: Kalahari to the Cape (August 2020)
- Ethiopia: The Roof of Africa (October 2020)
- Greece: Lesvos - Spring Migration Through the Aegean (April 2021)
- Angola (August 2021)
Updated: February 2007